The last few days on Prairie Wind have been filled with a roller coaster of emotions and news!
We took a road trip to Oklahoma on Saturday to watch a bull futurity and pick up a new member of our bucking bred stock. When we returned, I did a quick check of email and found an email from our friends at CPS. A 6th little baby was born and is in CPS custody. Sunday school was a morning of tears, that is for sure. We are so thankful for good friends who let us cry and cry with us as our hearts are heavy. I will not put the details of this on the blog but pray with us over this situation. Feel free to email me for specifics.
Moving on to June 3. It's our 13th wedding anniversary! 13 years - wow! Our friends, the Aardal's, who have their own litter of children, kept ours so that we could have somewhat of a date night. We had dinner and there was a point when I said to the Brandana 'do you realize that we've talked for 10 minutes straight?' The norm is that we might be able to get in about 30 seconds before at least 2 kids start saying 'mama.' Woohoo! We had dinner, visited a friend and picked up the kids. Not much of a date really but when you have kids, anytime alone is precious. On the way to the Aardal's, he did sing "You Are So Beautiful to Me" which I told him to stop because it was too cheezy! He sings to me all the time but that song was way over the top! I couldn't even look at the man! The past 13 years have been the happiest of my life. Marriage is truly a gift from the Lord, isn't it? Until I married Brandon, I didn't know that or understand that. Looking forward to the next 13!
June 3 was not only a day of celebration for Brandon and I. It was for Chris and Jenna, as well. Chris got his orders yesterday for his new base. Can you say Misawa Japan? He called us early yesterday morning incredibly pumped. Japan is no hop, skip, and a jump away! In spite of that, we are excited for them. They wanted to go overseas next and this is definitely overseas. They leave in November. We are actually going to South Dakota to see them this week. We are ready ready ready! The kids are even more ready. I have to say that Bran and I are not sure that we are ready for the road trip and being trapped in the car with a gaggle of kids though!
So there you go, the past few days at the Carrell house in a nutshell! Peace out!



No comments:
Post a Comment