There was a little girl who once only knew of kindness based on the example given by a grandmother who barely knew how to show it. But to this little girl, this 'ol grandma' was the only one in her life who ever showed her love so it was the only kind she knew. Then she met a couple and their son and an extended family both biological and not, who embraced her and showered her with love...unconditional love. She was taught about Jesus and encouraged to pray. Who was this Jesus? And why were these people always talking to some imaginary person and why did they want her to also? It was ridiculous and made her fuming mad. She was defiant at first and refused to take part in such things. Then one day, Jesus took hold of her heart as only he can. Slowly, He began to deliver her from a life of neglect and pain. He was healing her little tender heart. He was removing the veil from her eyes and showing her what life could be. He fulfilled John 10:10 to her daily. Then the day came when she couldn't get enough of Him. She began asking questions about what it means to be 'saved.' Her little mind trying to understand what her heart was speaking to her. It took a little over a year and then one night, July 1, 2009, she approached her mom and asked deeper questions through her tears. They prayed together that all her questions would be answered. That night the Lord spoke to her. The little girl came back to her mom the very next morning and said 'God's been talking to me. I understand.' Once again, they prayed together but this time the little girl opened her heart up to the Lord and asked Him in claiming the eternity He promises believing with all her heart that He died on the cross for her and rose again.
Gary, our pastor, is off to the left talking to the congregation about Kaci's decision. If you look closely he has a camera in his right hand. He wanted to take the picture. Art, our associate pastor, was to baptize Kaci but was on mission trip. Kaci asked her daddy to baptize her. Emma said she could 'babitize Kaci cause she's a good babitizer' but we stuck with Daddy.
I was talking with our good friend after the service. He came up to me in tears remembering that first night that we met Kaci. She was barely 3 years old. We had called the LaDuques and they came over to support us and welcome the little ones. Stephen said as Brandon lowered Kaci into the water, the image of that little 3 year old, so untrusting, rushed to mind. As she came up from the water, there was a new little girl...a little girl who is now safe....a little girl who loves and is loved....cleansed and delivered from a life that she will hopefully never remember all the details of. Praise God!



3 comments:
That is incredible. Brings tears to my eyes. I am so happy to see another member of the family!
I do not know if you remember me or not, but I was the nursery worker in her class when they first came to you guys. As I read this post I got goose bumps. Such an overwhelming story of love this child has to tell! :-)
YEAH, Kaci! I am sooo excited for you!
(I have undeniably seen the power of God's love in this beautiful child. Another victory has been won with this tiny, yet powerful, soldier of God. ~I'm certainly thrilled we're "Rooting" for the same "Team"... :)
Congratulations, Cindy & Brandon!
Post a Comment