CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 13, 2009

How bout those Red Sox!

Brandon and I had the opportunity to take a long weekend trip to Boston with Colton and Tina. We flew out Friday morning and came back late Sunday. Oh and there were no kiddos this trip! Our parents kept the kids giving us a much needed and very welcomed weekend alone. We had alot of fun and it was very relaxing. There were so many funny things that happened. My favorite part had to be the Red Sox game. I've always liked the Red Sox but I am a real fan now. The ballpark does such a great job at promoting an atmosphere of good sportsmanship and courtesy to those around you. The Red Sox definitely have a base of committed and devoted Bostonian fans.



Here are a few pics.

Tina and I

Colton and Tina (she has the best smile)


Bran and I (man, he's cute)



This is the team of guys that sweep the infield thruout the game. They are a well oiled machine.


Boston Red Sox vs. Kansas City Royals

Jumbotron (is that how you spell it?)


Boston skyline - the walk around this river is just gorgeous. One thing we noticed about a few Bostonians is that they were ok with showing their affection on the park benches around this river. I guess the romance was more than some could contain?? Let's try harder people!


These two pics are of a memorial dedicated to the victims of the holocaust. You can see in the picture above that there are many glass towers lining this memorial park. I'm not sure how tall they are but you can see they go beyond the trees. The numbers of the Jewish men, women, and children who were killed are etched in the glass of these towers. (top to bottom and all sides) It is one of those things that we all know. We've all read about and maybe some have experienced, but standing there and seeing those numbers which were representative of a person whose life ended so torturousily was surreal. There were quotes from those who were apart of it etched in other areas that added to the stories we've read about and been taught. Innocent blood was shed....... Lord forgive us that we are still letting innocent blood be shed. Give us courage to stand against those who have so little regard.




I think we are still in Cambridge area here.



This Citgo sign is a historical landmark at Fenway Park. Can't find the ballpark? Look for the Citgo sign!


I thought this little fat ketchup bottle was cute. Colton added the pepper shaker and tea glass to give it some relativity.




House of Blues









Boston is a cool city. There are lots of people but it does not have the hustle and bustle feel that you'd expect from large cities. I loved all the brownstones that lined the streets. Some were apartment buildings and some were actual homes. You couldn't really tell the difference from the outside other than the homes seemed to have a different type of landscaping in the small gardens. (our front yards) And see the porches? We would drive down the streets and people would just be hanging out on the porch steps. The weather is very mild compared to our Texas heat and there are many people walking and riding bicyles rather than driving cars. Parking is very expensive just like we found when we went to New York though I have a feeling parking costs are much higher in NYC.
It was a good time and Lord, we are thankful for the opportunity.
I met my mom in Waco to get the kids on Monday. She drove in from Houston area. She got the kids out at the convenience store that we meet at
and Cheyanne looking around said, "so...this is Boston."



















No comments: