Camping full time is going just dandy. It's not ideal but it could be worse. The best part about it is that we are together and on our property watching the house go up. It's cool to watch though there is no real reason to get excited cause we'll be watching it until November. So might as well sit back and enjoy it.
Kids are doing well in cramped quarters. There has been more bickering that usual which can drive a mom insane. If I have a complaint at all it would be that I have no time alone or with Brandon. The kids are acting as if they live in a barn....pun intended. They have forgotten how to close doors and that is the phrase of the day. "Shut the door!"
We now have 2 bathrooms - thank you Lord! Enough hot water for all! Don't feel too bad for us. It's another way we are just spoiled...turning on the faucet and have instant access to abundant hot water. Many do not. We 'suffered' through the limits of it just fine while we had to.
We still have funny things happen here and there that are for some reason, more funny when they happen in a camper!
For example, our sleeping arrangments. I've always been a snuggler. Brandon and I could easily sleep on a twin size bed because I am right where he is. We have a queen that is in storage, of course. The bed in the RV is a queen size but it's a camper queen which would be a little bigger than a full size, I guess. The bed is nestled in this little nook in our 'room' in the RV. Brandon has often joked that he has a triangle to sleep in because I get him all scrunched up in one corner of the nook cause I'm all a snugglin. He's made some modifications to try to remedy this but so far nothing has been truly successful from his perspective. :) This morning, at 4am, I heard something. I quietly sat up rather than bolt up like I have done in the past, much to the annoyance of the Brandana. It sounded like something was munching. I scooted down to the end of the bed closer to the sound which seemed to be coming from the little TV cubby at the corner of the room. I use the word "room" loosely. I finally laid back down only to get right back up to find a flashlight when the munching sound continued. Though I tried not to wake Brandon, my getting up and down finally did and he inquired. I told him that I heard something and maybe it's a mouse. I knew I could probably get a good look if I turned on the flash light because this little cubby is right eye level if you are sitting up in the bed. I turned on the flashlight and pointed it that direction. Sure enough there was a mouse with the biggest blackest eyes staring right back at me! Off the light went and I instantly jumped into Brandon's triangle and said "it is a mouse!!" I heard him jump down which really freaked me out. Mice do not bother me if I am in control of them but when one is eye level to me and could easily jump on me and scurry around, I am not sticking around for that. Once upon a time, let's say...early in our dating relationship or marriage, Brandon would have found it very endearing that I jumped into his arms (or triangle in this case) in need of rescue - no matter the time of night it happened to be. Now, he endures it more than he finds it endearing. He did get up with the flashlight and check it out but I was not leaving the triangle of safety. I stayed there the rest of the night.
After that little event, the morning with the kids started out like this: I'm up making a bottle for Emma's little tiny baby goat. (tell you about that later) Robert says "Mom, do you feel ok?" I said "yes, why?" Robert: "Cause your face looks weird." Kaci chimes in: "Oh it's probably just because she doesn't have any make up on yet."
...the glory of motherhood......
Have a great day!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Day...I don't know - I've lost count!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Probably better, not to keep up with each day!!! Love all the stories, great future memories for all of ya'll.
Hope ya'll can make it for the 4th, I know there is a lot going on, but ya'll always bring lots of fun (x4!!!)
Post a Comment