CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day 17

Well, we have reached day 17! Everyone is still living. Praise God. We are still waiting on the extra space of the barn. We are told Friday. If all goes as planned, we will move the RV up to the barn on Friday and be able to start settling in for the next several months.

As soon as I am able to dig out all of my computer equip, I will post some pics of the progress on here for ya. As of today, the barn awaits the awning and air conditioner/heater installation. The house is formed and the slab should be poured Thursday. It's rained and we are expecting more so we will be patient. The Aardals are looking good with their slab coming soon, as well.

Today is our anniversary. 14 years! Wow - time flies when you are having fun!

We've had alot of things to laugh about since living in the RV. Never mind if the laugh was 'haha that's so funny' or 'waaahaha i'm gonna go insane.' Laughter is laughter! Let's not get picky!

Let's see...where to start. Hmmm Well, we were all laying around one morning early..Bran started to get dressed when suddenly there was this crazy loud noise and the who camper shook. Every single one of us heard it. None of us knew what it was. My first thought "oh no! we are sliding off the blocks!" We had just had a down pour the night before! It could happen. I went on to the shower but for a second I asked myself "is the shower really where I want to be when we go sliding off these blocks???"

Our hot water stopped working and we almost gave up. Turns out - RESET button works well in that situation. :)

What else? Hot water! yes...The kids and I were home and I decided to take a shower. I put on a movie for them and got set. The showers in an RV must be quick as your hot water is limited. Very limited! I turned on the water, stepped in the shower and EEEK. It was cooolllld. No hot water. For a second I almost got out and then said "no way! my spoiled rear can take a cold shower, good grief.' It was a super fast cold shower, by the way. I quickly did my business and got dressed. As I'm trouble shooting I find that one of the children - she will remain nameless- had turned the hot water heater switch to the off position.

I decided that I was going to do a massive grill of chops and sausage. I got a few sides started on the stovetop in the RV and then went outside to light the grill. It was out of propane and it was memorial day so I cooked all that meat in a mini sized oven. It was hilarious and slow!

OH!! This is the funniest. Brandon spanked Kaci the other day for something. When he did, the whole RV shook and Emma fell down! Bet that's never happened in your house!

One thing is for sure, this has been eventful so far. I have experienced every emotion possible in such a short time but I'm a woman - that's nothing I can't handle. Am I right, Ladies?

Though it's not all fun and games, it is absolutely a learning experience and I'm thankful. We have air conditioning, a bed to sleep in, a roof over our heads...everything we need. This makes you realize just what you really need and don't need. It makes me almost embarrassed to be building the house to tell ya the truth. Because, quite honestly, though the house is smaller than the one we left, it will have more than we probably actually need.

1 comment:

Straight from the pits of Dwell said...

Wanna trade houses for a week? I think I need a refresher on how to be appreciative...it's been a day!

By the way, I laughed out loud when I read that Emma fell down when Brandon spanked Kaci. HILARIOUS!