Well, it was a bittersweet time for us, that's for sure. Chris, Jenna, and Elle were able to spend 6 days with us before heading off to Japan on Sunday. Saturday, we invited all the family over to spend the day with us in celebration of Chris's move. Celebration? Really? Ok, that might be stretching it. He will be gone for 4 years and that's a really long time to be separated from your child. So, having so many people around on Saturday was both fun and comforting. We are excited for Chris and Jenna but also mourn them being so far away. It was a big day in our lives, that's for sure.
Sunday was not the best day, I'll admit. I've done really well at living in denial since Chris got his orders but there comes a time when you can deny no longer! That time for me came Sunday at the airport. I think everyone did really well until then. As soon as we got to the airport before we even checked in, I felt the stinkin tears come and turned my back on everyone. I think Brandon is the only one who noticed. Thanks to the terrorists, all we could do was walk him to security and then we had to let him go. It was incredibly hard. There is probably only one thing in my life that has been more difficult than having to say goodbye to Chris that day.
He was great at staying in touch with us as they made their many flights. They had 6 checked bags, a carseat, stroller, 3 backpacks and a baby to tote from Dallas to Denver; Denver to Honolulu; Honolulu to Tokyo; a 2 hour bus ride to their last flight which took them to Misawa. Praise God for all of you who were praying for their safety and Elle's disposition. She did great. The last hour and a half was not pleasant because she was not allowed to sit in her carseat and she was so tired. But, other than that, she was a trooper. They no longer have cell service, but did call at 6am this morning to let us know they were in Misawa and about to crash for the night. They arrived during evening so they were able to go on to sleep at the right time which is a blessing considering they've now lost several hours in the time difference.
Please continue to lift them in prayer as they look for permanent housing and get a feel for their new environment. Brandon and I can't wait to go visit!!
Here are some pictures from our visit before they left.
Jayden walking around the garden
Chris, Jenna, and Elle: We miss you! Have a great time while you are there. Soak up every minute not just in Japan but every minute you have together! It's a precious gift.



1 comment:
First off... so sorry we weren't able to make it. Second... very sorry I didn't let you know we couldn't make it!!! I hate when people don't tell you anything so you can get everything planned. Third... just looking at the pics had me tearing up so I'm kinda glad I WASN'T there!!! Things have just been so crazy here! Please let Chris know we will be thinking and praying for them, and that we love & miss them too. Will they have internet service, so we can at least check out their blog for news and pics of them?? Elle has already changed so much since we last saw her!! Love you all!!
Post a Comment