CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Eyes Wide Open

    We just returned from our trip to Boston.  I love the sweet city of Boston, Mass.  It is truly one of my favorite places to visit with it's rich history, beautiful brownstones, and friendly people.  As much as I was looking forward to the time away, it is always terribly hard for me to leave my kiddos.  Things just aren't right when all of our family is not together. 
     This trip was different from any other and I believe and hope any trips from this point on would be different for us.  The Lord has done such a crazy work in the hearts of the Brandana and I.  We see things differently.  We look at church differently.  We look at people differently.  We look at opportunity differently.  The list goes on.  So, it was no surprise that my perspective on this trip was different.  It was fun and relaxing but as I was driving through beautiful Boston in our rented mustang convertible, I found myself quiet often.  These times of silence were the times I was listening to the Lord and watching all that He was calling to my attention. 
     Here we were zipping through the narrow streets trying to find our way while we passed person after person begging for food, money, or work.  I saw more than one person going through the trash and remembering how I wanted to yell 'stop the car' and do something, anything.  I found myself wanting to empty my pockets to all these people.  It was heart wrenching. Heart wrenching because there we were spending money on something so unimportant...money that could have changed the lives of these people. 

     I am thankful for the opportunity to go and rest and rejuvenate.  However, my greatest gratitude lies in the  fact that the Lord used it to continue to open my eyes and my heart to the truth around me.  He used the trip to continue to drive home the fact that there is so much more that we can do to love people and share Him with them. He choreographed this trip to serve a purpose way beyond what it was planned for in our selfishness.  Though I needed the rejuvenation and time away (at least I thought I did), what I needed more was to have my heart pierced even deeper for people and a world that needs the Lord.  Pray with us as we continue to step with our eyes wide open. 
     Lord, what shall we do?

No comments: