May the little critter rest in peace........
Two of my children are just like me in their love for animals. Kaci and Emma love animals so much. Emma takes that love even to the insect and reptile world. Last night, she found a lame fly in the house. I have no idea how. She picked up this little fly and carried it around in her wee little hand for about an hour. She loved on it and talked to it. I finally told her that flies have alot of germs and and that she probably shouldn't kiss it anymore. I then told her that we needed to take it outside and let it go lest it die for sure! It broke her heart. She instantly cried that ever so mournful cry. She went to daddy and told him that she had to tell her fly goodbye. I walked her to the back door and opened it. She very slowly stepped out onto the stoop and explained to the fly why she had to let it go and say goodbye. She cried and cried. I'm not sure how long I consoled that baby over that fly. It was one of the strangest and cutest things we've seen!




No comments:
Post a Comment