CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Yesterday was mother's day. We went to church, had a continuation of raising children in Sunday School, and heard a great message dedicated to mothers. Gary's messages are always so applicable, encouraging, but what I love most is that he doesn't preach to make another happy. He preaches the truth and the truth doesn't always 'tickle' the ears but it's always life changing.



The kids gave me all their sweet hand made gifts from Sunday School and then off we went to Mi Familia for lunch. Our usual Sunday lunch date friends had to miss because of sick children. Happy Mother's Day, Tina! We were sitting there at lunch and suddenly the kids got all excited and started yelling 'Mama, look behind you! Look behind you!' I immediately thought 'which of you do I spank first for yelling in the restaurant?' But, then something caught the corner of my eye. Sunflowers??? I turned further and saw Chris standing there with a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers. He had surprised us and drove in to hand deliver his mother's day gift!



Boy, Mother's Day can't get any better than this! The love of my life and all 5 children here sitting around this tiny square table! I can only think of two things that could even possibly improve it.... if Cotey were sitting around the table with us and if I could hug my mom in person.

No comments: